10 Reasons You Need a Privacy Wood Fence
- June 5, 2014
No other single addition to your home offers as many benefits as a privacy wood fence. And thanks to American Fence & Deck’s great prices and fast service, you can have your new top-quality fencing installed sooner than you might think for a price that will leave you pleasantly surprised.
Here are 10 specific ways that having a privacy fence can enhance your life:
- It can create an instant oasis in your backyard. For most Americans, the patch of property behind their home is as close to wide open spaces they may ever get. And that’s perfectly fine – a backyard can provide all the fun of an expensive getaway. But one key to enjoying this area is having a sense of seclusion, which can easily be provided by an attractive, well-built privacy wood fence that blocks out some of the ambient noise and keeps your backyard out of the sight of neighbors and strangers.
- It can provide a feel that’s both exclusive and connected at the same time. The problem with some types of fencing is that they can separate household residents from the rest of the world entirely. While everyone wants privacy, few of us crave absolute solitude. That’s why many privacy wood fencedesigns allow sunlight and breezes to filter through while also blocking direct views of the property from the street. It’s like having the best of both worlds all at the same time.
- A privacy fence can enhance your home’s security. While dogs and alarm systems are fine, nothing deters thieves more than a physical barrier. That’s another benefit of having your own privacy fence: it provides some extra assurance and peace of mind that you, your property, and your loved ones are safe. And there’s simply no way to put a price on a benefit like that.
- It keeps pets contained. Studies show that over 10 million dogs and cats are lost each year. Preventing these tragedies should be a major concern of every animal lover. A privacy wood fence can help keep your furry friends where they belong: with you.
- It can help define property boundaries. Neighbor disputes frequently center on misunderstandings about where one person’s yard begins and the other’s ends. Nothing reinforces these boundaries like a solid, physical barrier. A fence will ensure that your piece of the world is respected.
- A privacy fence also enables you and members of your household to enjoy activities like swimming, hot tubbing, and sun bathing. Sometimes the things you do for fun and relaxation are more pleasant when you know the whole world isn’t watching. A privacy wood fence can provide the sense of privacy you need to do what you like on your own property with no need to feel self-conscious or embarrassed.
- It blocks the sun, wind, and dust. A privacy fence creates an instant shady spot that children and pets love. It also blocks strong or unpleasant breezes as well as the things they carry, like litter, dirt, and pollen. This provides benefits in both summer and winter, moderating the climate in your backyard.
- It will increase your home’s curb appeal. Even if you never intend to sell your home, it’s good to know that it’s attractive to others, just in case you ever do put it on the market. Privacy fencing is a feature that many potential buyers look for. Having it can improve both your home’s desirability and the potential asking price.
- It keeps your business just that: your business – most neighbors are great to live next to. A few, however, enjoy snooping around and looking for reasons to cause trouble. If that’s the case in your area, then privacy fencing can send just the right signal to those folks, allowing you to keep both the local peace and your peace of mind.
- It can allow you to take advantage of modern fence materials that look better than ever. Today’s wood fencing is attractive, long-lasting, and able to resist the degrading effects of wind, sun, and rain for years to come.
These are just a few of the many benefits that come with a privacy wood fence. Find out more by calling American Fence & Deck today.